Friday, June 21, 2013

37 Weeks - Almost there!

I have been terrible at keeping up with my blogging.  I know I promised every day, but it's been really tough to make time to sit down and record my thoughts.

I wanted to blog tonight because today (or, the 20th of June) is the day that I am officially 37 weeks.  This is an important milestone because if I'd gone into labor before this day, I would have been considered premature and Baby Finn would most likely have needed some additional care in the hospital.  I am so grateful I made it to this day.

Overall, I'm feeling good.  I am really trying to stay positive and focus on the fact that I'm almost 100% ready for him to arrive and that I have done a lot of good preparing for labor and delivery.

Here is a picture of me earlier in the week, I think I'm finally starting to look pregnant!  :)


I finally packed my bag (thanks for the prompting, Brookie...)  :)  and I even packed up my desk at work in case I go into labor and I'm not at work so someone else doesn't have to do it for me.  My bag is full of all of the things I will personally need at the hospital and for labor.  I've packed my birthing gown, bathroom supplies, a robe, and a few other things that are essential.

I also helped Arthur pack his "Daddy Doula" bag, which includes my essential oils, the head massager (the one that makes your whole body tingle), my rice heat pack that Arthur's mom made for me, and my scarves for labor support.  There are a few other things I'm not mentioning, but overall, we're mostly ready.

We've put away all of our stuff from the baby shower, which was a total success.  I'll try to blog about that tomorrow since it was so much fun.  There are a few last-minute things we need to get for his arrival, such as a wipes warmer. 

Work is wrapping up well, I have 3 days left in my current position, and then I start my new job next Wednesday.  I think I'll make it, I have good days and I have bad days with how I feel pregnancy-wise. 

How far along:  37 Weeks TODAY!
How much time left:  3 Weeks! (Or less... :) )

Top two symptoms:  My only symptom at this point is a backache that is pretty much going on all of the time.  It's pretty annoying, and I'm trying hard to ignore it and take Tylenol.  I'm looking forward to when this pain goes away, because it's pretty bad. 

Favorite thing I ate today:  Is it bad to say cupcakes?  I had some of those Hostess-like chocolate cupcakes from the machine at work.  The frosting is so good...

Mood:  I stayed really busy at work today so I was in a pretty good mood.  My back prevents me from being super happy at home, since I'm generally relaxing when I finally get there.  I hope to go to bed soon, it's 2:00 in the morning.  :(

Worried about:  As I get things done on my to-do list, I'm feeling much more prepared.  My worry is mostly that I'll go into labor and I won't know that it's happening.  I'm sure I'm being crazy, but it's a legitimate worry.  I also worry that my water will break and I will have to hope my labor begins within that golden window of opportunity.  I don't want to labor in the hospital, I want to do it at home.  I have my Midwife appointment tomorrow morning, so I will be asking her about my Group B Strep results.  I'm hoping and crossing my fingers that it will have come back negative so I don't have to have an IV in the hospital and so I can wait to come in after my water breaks.  I think my main concern is my water breaking at this point.  :)

Excited for:  I really am excited for it all to get started.  I'm not anxious, I'm mostly just looking forward to knowing that labor has begun and I don't have to stress about me just assuming it might be coming soon and I'm just psyching myself out.  I can't wait to jump into my Hypnobirth techniques and feel like I'm progressing in my labor. 

3 comments:

  1. Yay! You packed your bag! I actually liked that my water broke before any contractions, because I knew I was in labor, but I didn't get to labor at home and I would've preferred that! Can't believe you are so close! He could come any day!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo for 37 weeks! I'm so excited for you and Arthur. I just read your cute Father's day post about Arthur. He will be a wonderful dad and you will be a wonderful mom. And I will be a lucky aunt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray almost done. Thank you for writing such nice things about Arthur. You both make such a good family Finn is really lucky to have you as parents. You will do wonderful with labor whatever happens the end product is amazing.

    ReplyDelete