Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Just Another Wednesday!

It's been awhile since I just had a normal blog update about my daily routine.  Personally, when I read blogs that other people write, I like the ones that tell me more about their daily lives.  That is the most interesting part of blogs, in my opinion.

Today I woke up very early, at 4:55 AM.  This is fairly normal for me because my body usually gets me up at that time because staying in one position for too long while I'm asleep can be uncomfortable.  I am sleeping with 5 pillows at night to support myself, so once I've exhausted every toss and turn, I usually have to get up. 

My morning routine is pretty specific.  I get up, make a breakfast of lowfat fruit yogurt and bran cereal, eat that while I take my vitamins and check my Facebook.  I get into the shower and get ready at 5:45.  I am then ready to carpool with Arthur by about 6:45 every morning.  This morning was different because I wasn't feeling very well.

I told Arthur I didn't want to carpool today and I went back to sleep until he was getting ready to leave.  When he left, I got up and started to slowly get going.  Some days this just happens, and I have to be patient with myself if I can't keep up with the pace all of the time. 

I got to work a bit later, and all of the Maternity parking spots were taken.  As I was driving past the parking stalls for Maternity to check, there was a man, yes a MAN getting out of his car where he'd just parked in the last available stall.  I may or may not have glared at him and shook my head.  He just kept walking to the building.  I guess I can't judge him, maybe he has a good reason.  All I know is that if you're going to park in Maternity, then you should at least be a female.  :)

I went in to work and stayed busy the whole day until I left around 5.  I got home and checked the mail and I saw that my birthing gown was here!  My birthing gown is something I ordered to wear to the hospital to have my baby in.  There is something about the hospital gown that makes me feel like I'm sick, or a patient.  I don't want to feel that way, so I ordered something that is functional like a hospital gown, but still helps me feel like a woman.  It's brown with a blue tie.  The shoulders are Velcro so breastfeeding is easy.  The front unties so the back can be exposed if needed.  It's long enough that it covers my knees.  I tried it on and I'm so happy I got it!  It's going to be nice to have something comfortable to wear in the hospital that doesn't make me feel like I'm a patient in.  :)

 After I tried on my gown, I needed a nap.  Arthur came home at 7:30 and I was still napping.  He made dinner even though it was my night.  Arthur is a champion!  I appreciated not having to cook.

We watched America's Got Talent and a few other shows while we ate dinner.  My back was hurting so I took a quick bath and now I'm just getting my blogging wrapped up before we go to bed at 11.  That's a pretty normal day for me aside from the fact that I didn't carpool.  A little boring, maybe - but I know that my life will no longer be boring in 36ish days!  :)

Another update tomorrow!  :)
 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your birthing gown! Where did you get it?
    I hate the maternity gowns at the hospital!! They are horrible, but I didn't even think of any other options! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete