My first baby shower was with my team at work. I had my second baby shower on Saturday, May 18. I have some lady friends who live in Bountiful by my parent's house who wanted to throw me a shower. I've known many of them since I was 8 when I moved into the Bountiful house.
My sister made an amazing invitation for the shower and she and my mom sent them out. The invitation was really cute.
The day of the shower, I was super excited. I got up early and wore a new maternity shirt that I had gotten earlier in the week with a gift card from Arthur. It was the first bright colors I've worn in awhile, since I have mostly white, black and grey maternity shirts. I really liked the shading of the colors, and it made me feel happy.
I drove up to Bountiful and got there a few minutes before it started at 11:00 AM. It was at the house of a woman who I used to work for when I was a teenager. I cleaned her house and took care of her elderly mother who had Alzheimer's. I spent a lot of time there, so I was happy to be back. There were already a lot of great decorations set up, including an amazing sheet cake made by someone in the neighborhood.
The dining room table had some cute treats and balloons put up for the party. I loved it!
A lot of people showed up and I was happy to be able to see so many people from my past. They were all so generous and I got a bunch of really great stuff!
Here are some more pictures from the shower:
This is Thuryle, Brielle and me. Thuryle is the woman who hosted the shower. She is like my second mom!
My mom and me and my cake:
Here are so more ladies from the neighborhood:
This is a girl I grew up with, she was a year younger than me in school. Her name is Ashley. Look how cute her baby girl is! She is sitting with her mom:
Here is my sweet Aunt Margaret, Aunt Joni and another lady from the neighborhood:
Some more ladies, including my Aunt Kathi and cousin Nikki:
More ladies!
This is the baby shower crew. Deb is on the bottom left hand side. She did a lot of the prep work with my mom and sister. My sister is next to her, then Thuryle. Then there's me and my sweet Brielle. My mom and Rene are at the top. What a great looking group!
My sister made an amazing invitation for the shower and she and my mom sent them out. The invitation was really cute.
The day of the shower, I was super excited. I got up early and wore a new maternity shirt that I had gotten earlier in the week with a gift card from Arthur. It was the first bright colors I've worn in awhile, since I have mostly white, black and grey maternity shirts. I really liked the shading of the colors, and it made me feel happy.
I drove up to Bountiful and got there a few minutes before it started at 11:00 AM. It was at the house of a woman who I used to work for when I was a teenager. I cleaned her house and took care of her elderly mother who had Alzheimer's. I spent a lot of time there, so I was happy to be back. There were already a lot of great decorations set up, including an amazing sheet cake made by someone in the neighborhood.
The dining room table had some cute treats and balloons put up for the party. I loved it!
A lot of people showed up and I was happy to be able to see so many people from my past. They were all so generous and I got a bunch of really great stuff!
Here are some more pictures from the shower:
This is Thuryle, Brielle and me. Thuryle is the woman who hosted the shower. She is like my second mom!
Brielle, Me and my giant "It's a Boy!" cake!
My mom and me and my cake:
Here are so more ladies from the neighborhood:
This is a girl I grew up with, she was a year younger than me in school. Her name is Ashley. Look how cute her baby girl is! She is sitting with her mom:
Here is my sweet Aunt Margaret, Aunt Joni and another lady from the neighborhood:
Some more ladies, including my Aunt Kathi and cousin Nikki:
More ladies!
This is the baby shower crew. Deb is on the bottom left hand side. She did a lot of the prep work with my mom and sister. My sister is next to her, then Thuryle. Then there's me and my sweet Brielle. My mom and Rene are at the top. What a great looking group!
Overall, the shower was really fun. There was a lot of rain and people still showed up! I also was pretty proud of myself for writing thank you cards as soon as I got home. Arthur was a big help and he made sure I was able to get through the whole list of gifts and cards before we went to bed that night. It was so fun going through all of the gifts and showing them to Arthur. Baby Finn is so spoiled already! :)












No comments:
Post a Comment