I wanted to blog about my first Mother's Day and my 30th birthday, because they are both very important events! I wrote the previous entry early on Mother's Day morning. When I logged into Facebook that morning, there were so many posts on my feed about Mothers. I saw so many nice posts from people about their moms, and so I got really teary-eyed. It was probably the hormones combined with the fact that it was my first Mother's Day, but it was impossible not to cry. As I wrote my previous entry (you can read it by clicking here), I cried all the way through - happy tears of course.
I set a goal when I finally decided to have kids that I would try to be pregnant before I was 30. I am grateful that I pushed myself to accomplish that goal, because it wasn't easy. I still want to write my Trying to Conceive blog entry so I can share some of the things I did to prepare myself to start trying to have kids. Some believe it is really easy, and for some it is. For some it is not, and so I feel like sharing my story will help some.
After I wrote my blog entry on Mother's Day morning, Arthur and I spent some time together watching the Mother's Day specials on TV that we'd recorded. We watched Ellen's baby shower special and everyone in the audience was pregnant. It was so funny. While I watched TV, Arthur made me breakfast. He made me a delicious omelet. I ate almost the whole thing. It was nice to eat breakfast in bed. :)
Arthur then brought me my Mother's Day gifts. He got me some cute baby outfits and a first Mother's Day snow globe. The snow globe made me cry, because it was so sweet and thoughtful. It is all silver and it has 3 ivory colored seahorses in it, swirled around by silver fish. It was personalized with an engraving on the front.
It says:
1st Mother's Day
May 12, 2013
Love, Arthur
Here are some pictures of it:
I really appreciated having something that would remind me forever that I got to spend my first Mother's Day pregnant, and before my 30th birthday. :)
I also got Mother's Day flowers earlier in the week, and they are beautiful:
For my 30th birthday, it was the next day on May 13. I took the day off so I could spend it with Arthur and do something fun. I slept in a bit and relaxed in the morning. Before we got up and got ready, Arthur brought me my birthday presents in bed. I got some really nice ear buds, some baby clothes and a brown Fossil watch. Arthur told me that I had one more present that was downstairs, but I had to go see it because it was too big to bring upstairs. I went down to the main living room, and there was a box with a stroller/carseat combo in it! I was so happy! I made him put it together right away.
I pushed it around the living room for a few minutes, and then we went to get ready for the day. I had plans to go to a restaurant in Salt Lake called Finn's. They serve breakfast and lunch and the style is Norwegian. After I was ready, Arthur took my picture by the door with my new stroller because I was so excited about it before we left.
Here's my new stroller and me in my birthday outfit with my new watch on:
We got in the car and started driving towards Salt Lake. I realized that we didn't have enough time to go to Finn's and go see the Mummy exhibit at The Leonardo museum downtown. So, we decided to go to Finn's another day and spend more time looking at the Mummies.
We parked at The Leonardo and went in and paid. We walked around and saw all of the Mummy exhibit. It was really cool! I loved studying about ancient Egypt when I was in elementary school and junior high. I had always wanted to see mummies like that, and so it was a great activity on my birthday.
After we went to the Mummy exhibit, Arthur took me up to my pregnancy massage appointment. He'd gotten me a massage back on Valentine's day and I hadn't traded it in yet. He dropped me off and I went in. The massage table was amazing, they had pillows that lifted my body up that allowed me to lie on my stomach - which I haven't done in months. I used to sleep on my stomach before I was pregnant!
The massage was great, very relaxing. I appreciated having such a relaxing time on my birthday. Arthur picked me up an hour later and we went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. I ordered the Thai Salmon with jasmine rice. It was so good! Afterwards, we shopped around at the mall a bit.
Overall, it was an amazing birthday and I was really grateful that I had such a fun husband to share it with. One of the main reasons why I married Arthur is because he always makes holidays so special. I never have to worry about being forgotten on my birthday. :)
I set a goal when I finally decided to have kids that I would try to be pregnant before I was 30. I am grateful that I pushed myself to accomplish that goal, because it wasn't easy. I still want to write my Trying to Conceive blog entry so I can share some of the things I did to prepare myself to start trying to have kids. Some believe it is really easy, and for some it is. For some it is not, and so I feel like sharing my story will help some.
After I wrote my blog entry on Mother's Day morning, Arthur and I spent some time together watching the Mother's Day specials on TV that we'd recorded. We watched Ellen's baby shower special and everyone in the audience was pregnant. It was so funny. While I watched TV, Arthur made me breakfast. He made me a delicious omelet. I ate almost the whole thing. It was nice to eat breakfast in bed. :)
Arthur then brought me my Mother's Day gifts. He got me some cute baby outfits and a first Mother's Day snow globe. The snow globe made me cry, because it was so sweet and thoughtful. It is all silver and it has 3 ivory colored seahorses in it, swirled around by silver fish. It was personalized with an engraving on the front.
It says:
1st Mother's Day
May 12, 2013
Love, Arthur
Here are some pictures of it:
I really appreciated having something that would remind me forever that I got to spend my first Mother's Day pregnant, and before my 30th birthday. :)
I also got Mother's Day flowers earlier in the week, and they are beautiful:
For my 30th birthday, it was the next day on May 13. I took the day off so I could spend it with Arthur and do something fun. I slept in a bit and relaxed in the morning. Before we got up and got ready, Arthur brought me my birthday presents in bed. I got some really nice ear buds, some baby clothes and a brown Fossil watch. Arthur told me that I had one more present that was downstairs, but I had to go see it because it was too big to bring upstairs. I went down to the main living room, and there was a box with a stroller/carseat combo in it! I was so happy! I made him put it together right away.
I pushed it around the living room for a few minutes, and then we went to get ready for the day. I had plans to go to a restaurant in Salt Lake called Finn's. They serve breakfast and lunch and the style is Norwegian. After I was ready, Arthur took my picture by the door with my new stroller because I was so excited about it before we left.
Here's my new stroller and me in my birthday outfit with my new watch on:
We got in the car and started driving towards Salt Lake. I realized that we didn't have enough time to go to Finn's and go see the Mummy exhibit at The Leonardo museum downtown. So, we decided to go to Finn's another day and spend more time looking at the Mummies.
We parked at The Leonardo and went in and paid. We walked around and saw all of the Mummy exhibit. It was really cool! I loved studying about ancient Egypt when I was in elementary school and junior high. I had always wanted to see mummies like that, and so it was a great activity on my birthday.
After we went to the Mummy exhibit, Arthur took me up to my pregnancy massage appointment. He'd gotten me a massage back on Valentine's day and I hadn't traded it in yet. He dropped me off and I went in. The massage table was amazing, they had pillows that lifted my body up that allowed me to lie on my stomach - which I haven't done in months. I used to sleep on my stomach before I was pregnant!
The massage was great, very relaxing. I appreciated having such a relaxing time on my birthday. Arthur picked me up an hour later and we went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. I ordered the Thai Salmon with jasmine rice. It was so good! Afterwards, we shopped around at the mall a bit.
Overall, it was an amazing birthday and I was really grateful that I had such a fun husband to share it with. One of the main reasons why I married Arthur is because he always makes holidays so special. I never have to worry about being forgotten on my birthday. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment