May seems to be Baby Shower month! I have had 3 so far, and I was really excited for the one up in Boise with my family on my mom's side. I decided I wanted to have the shower over Memorial Day weekend up in Boise so we could also go visit my Grandpa's grave since he is buried up there.
My sister made a really cute invitation for the Boise shower, and I loved the colors and the fish on it:
I had to work on Friday, and I was able to get off a little bit early on May 24. Arthur came and picked me up and we headed up to Boise. The drive takes about 6 hours, so I was hoping to do ok seeing that I was 33 weeks pregnant (just over 8 months) at the time. We stopped a few times and I was able to have enough bathroom breaks, so I did ok. :) It was nice to get a nap in on the way up.
Arthur and I arrived at the hotel called The Harrison in Boise around 6PM. We got checked in and our room was on the 4th (top) floor. It was the Executive Suite! I think the executive part was that it had a nice view of the roof. Arthur and I joked that it was like the Ray Charles suite, because the only person who would enjoy that view would be someone who couldn't see. :)
We went to dinner that night at the Cracker Barrel. It was nice and relaxing, and I felt like I was on vacation. I realized that this would probably be the last time that Arthur and I get to travel together before we have a baby.
The next morning, we got ready and I headed over to my Grandma's house. My sister Adrienne and my sister-in-law Whitney had decorated the house so cute! They also had amazing fish themed foods! Adrienne had made blue Jell-O with little fish candies in it. She also cut out fish shaped fruits and made kabobs out of them. She also chocolate dipped strawberries and Swedish Fish and put fish faces on them. The food was delicious!
Here is the main table decorated with my amazing diaper cake. We saved a lot of the decorations so we can use them for our shower with Arthur's family in 2 weeks:
Here is a picture of the food and some more of the decorations. My sister-in-law made an amazing wreath for Baby Finn. I am going to put it on my hospital door like they do in Texas! Check out the blue Mambo drinks my sister got!
Here is a picture of Arthur, my grandma and me with the swing she got us. She was so excited to give it to us!
Some of the kids got bored and went downstairs to play in "The Pit". The Pit is a big set of couches in the basement where all of the cousins have grown up watching movies and playing.
Here is the shower crew hanging out on the couch. It was such a fun day!
After the shower, we hung out and enjoyed the afternoon. Around 5, we went to the cemetery to visit my grandpa's grave. It was really nice to see it in person. It was beautiful!
Arthur and I didn't stay super long because I was really tired and my feet were starting to swell up. I needed to put them up for a bit.
That night, Arthur and I went out to dinner and relaxed the rest of the evening. It was a great time away and I was so grateful for the amazing gifts and time with my family. I loved seeing all of my fun cousins and spending time at my Grandma's house.
My sister made a really cute invitation for the Boise shower, and I loved the colors and the fish on it:
I had to work on Friday, and I was able to get off a little bit early on May 24. Arthur came and picked me up and we headed up to Boise. The drive takes about 6 hours, so I was hoping to do ok seeing that I was 33 weeks pregnant (just over 8 months) at the time. We stopped a few times and I was able to have enough bathroom breaks, so I did ok. :) It was nice to get a nap in on the way up.
Arthur and I arrived at the hotel called The Harrison in Boise around 6PM. We got checked in and our room was on the 4th (top) floor. It was the Executive Suite! I think the executive part was that it had a nice view of the roof. Arthur and I joked that it was like the Ray Charles suite, because the only person who would enjoy that view would be someone who couldn't see. :)
We went to dinner that night at the Cracker Barrel. It was nice and relaxing, and I felt like I was on vacation. I realized that this would probably be the last time that Arthur and I get to travel together before we have a baby.
The next morning, we got ready and I headed over to my Grandma's house. My sister Adrienne and my sister-in-law Whitney had decorated the house so cute! They also had amazing fish themed foods! Adrienne had made blue Jell-O with little fish candies in it. She also cut out fish shaped fruits and made kabobs out of them. She also chocolate dipped strawberries and Swedish Fish and put fish faces on them. The food was delicious!
Here is the main table decorated with my amazing diaper cake. We saved a lot of the decorations so we can use them for our shower with Arthur's family in 2 weeks:
Here is a picture of the food and some more of the decorations. My sister-in-law made an amazing wreath for Baby Finn. I am going to put it on my hospital door like they do in Texas! Check out the blue Mambo drinks my sister got!
Here is a picture of Arthur, my grandma and me with the swing she got us. She was so excited to give it to us!
Some of the kids got bored and went downstairs to play in "The Pit". The Pit is a big set of couches in the basement where all of the cousins have grown up watching movies and playing.
Here is the shower crew hanging out on the couch. It was such a fun day!
After the shower, we hung out and enjoyed the afternoon. Around 5, we went to the cemetery to visit my grandpa's grave. It was really nice to see it in person. It was beautiful!
Arthur and I didn't stay super long because I was really tired and my feet were starting to swell up. I needed to put them up for a bit.
That night, Arthur and I went out to dinner and relaxed the rest of the evening. It was a great time away and I was so grateful for the amazing gifts and time with my family. I loved seeing all of my fun cousins and spending time at my Grandma's house.







No comments:
Post a Comment