I have had the nesting bug really bad ever since my little brother Mike moved out. The last time you saw my nursery, I had only painted the walls. Arthur and I have been working like crazy to get Baby Finn's room ready for him to arrive.
Once the carpets were cleaned, we slowly started to move everything into his room. We started with his crib and his dresser. We didn't have a mattress yet, so I ordered that online and had it shipped 2-day air. I couldn't wait to make his bed and put his mobile in it!
As soon as his mattress was here, Arthur helped make the bed and I put some of his stuffed animals in it. I also filled his drawers with onesies and put some books on top of his dresser. It was great to have my rocker set up in the corner of the room. As we started to gather things, I would instantly want them set up!
Here are some pictures of the nursery as it is today. There are just a few things left to get, and then we are ready!
Here is the room, standing at the doorway. The fish decals we ordered online and Arthur cut them out and positioned them on the wall all by himself. The 3 orange fish in the middle represent Arthur, Finn and Me. I loved the way they turned out! His window seat holds his toys and there is an empty spot for Arthur to sit next to me when we read to Baby Finn. The curtains are blackout so Finn will be able to nap in the dark. :) The curtain panel in the middle came with his bed set and it matches his blanket and crib sides.
Here is the first thing you see when you walk in. My good friend Jenn made this for his wall.
This is his bassinette. The blanket on top was knitted by my cousin Andrea. She matched the colors perfectly with the rest of the room. Obviously, KitKat loves the bed. She had a nap in here for several hours one day. You can see sleepytime Finn behind her from Adventure Time. I'm excited to roll this into our room when Finn gets here so he can sleep next to me!
Here is a view of the letters I made Finn this week. I wanted to do letters above his bed originally, but because we decided to do the fish instead, I put them on top of his closet. I got the letters and the fish shapes from Joann's crafts. They were originally a natural wood color, so I painted them white and then super glued the fish on. Arthur helped me hang them up yesterday. I was so excited to see them finished finally!
Here is a close-up of the letters. The ribbon holding each letter up is twine, with white stripes painted on. I got the ribbon at Hobby Lobby. It ended up really cute, I think!
Here is the inside of his crib. Right now I'm storing his Boppy in there. I have a few more stuffed animals in the crib as well. The bedding is from KidsLine and I bought it on eBay. Arthur and I looked for a long time for a bedding set that we loved. We liked this one because the colors were really bright and they were the type of fish design we were looking for. The mobile is from Arthur's aunt JeNeal. Can you spot the other Finn we have?
Here is a picture of Teddy Ruxpin trying out our MamaRoo:
Next to his window seat is my rocker. I got this from Arthur's mom for Christmas this past year. I usually put on his fleece blanket that goes with his bed set and a knitted baby blanket from his Grandma on his dad's side. Arthur and I got the wall shelf from Home Depot, we liked it because it looks like an ocean wave. I have a few frames up there right now, one is from his mom showing the birth day and time and measurements for Finn, and the other one is from my sister-in-law Whitney. It has a great quote about motherhood. I spend hours in this corner, rocking and listening to music from his mobile. I like using the Twilight Turtle to put blue stars on the ceiling. It's really relaxing. My favorite thing is when Arthur sits next to me on the window seat and he reads books to Baby Finn. He does all the voices from the books and doesn't skip parts. :)
Here is his dresser. The lamp on the left is a cute whale that matches the bedding set we got, also by KidsLine. In front of that is my Mother's Day snow globe and Baby Finn's journal. I'll be writing in it before he is born and after he is born so he has something he can read about his birth that I wrote. My mom did that for me, and it's one of my most prized possessions. I love reading about my first few days and weeks after I was born. Next to his lamp, you can see his big pile of books he has already. I hope Finn loves to read! Next to that is our baby monitor and his baby album with all of his ultrasound pictures. In front of those things you can see my essential oils and hot pad that Arthur's mom and brother gave me for my birthday. Next to that is the fish I made for Finn at Color Me Mine. Then, you'll see his framed 3D ultrasound picture that shows the best view of his face. I love to spend time looking at it when I'm sitting in my rocker.
Here is the amazing light fixture Arthur found online. We debated between this one and a ceiling fan with palm leaves, but I'm glad we ended on this one because it really matched his crib and dresser.
Overall, the experience of putting his room together has been so fun. I have loved coming home from every one of our baby showers and putting things away. We are so lucky to have such generous friends and family to help us get ready for Baby Finn. I'm excited for Finn to get here so he can enjoy his room! :)
The last thing I will say about this whole experience is that Arthur has been incredible through this whole process. He has been SO patient with me and allowed me to be obsessive about even the tiniest detail when putting things together. He has spent hours moving things around and building things so I can feel like there is a special place for Finn to come home to after he is born. I am so lucky to have such a hard working and patient husband. Not to mention talented with great taste!
Once the carpets were cleaned, we slowly started to move everything into his room. We started with his crib and his dresser. We didn't have a mattress yet, so I ordered that online and had it shipped 2-day air. I couldn't wait to make his bed and put his mobile in it!
As soon as his mattress was here, Arthur helped make the bed and I put some of his stuffed animals in it. I also filled his drawers with onesies and put some books on top of his dresser. It was great to have my rocker set up in the corner of the room. As we started to gather things, I would instantly want them set up!
Here are some pictures of the nursery as it is today. There are just a few things left to get, and then we are ready!
Here is the room, standing at the doorway. The fish decals we ordered online and Arthur cut them out and positioned them on the wall all by himself. The 3 orange fish in the middle represent Arthur, Finn and Me. I loved the way they turned out! His window seat holds his toys and there is an empty spot for Arthur to sit next to me when we read to Baby Finn. The curtains are blackout so Finn will be able to nap in the dark. :) The curtain panel in the middle came with his bed set and it matches his blanket and crib sides.
Here is the first thing you see when you walk in. My good friend Jenn made this for his wall.
Here is a close up of the picture. Jenn stitched it by hand out of felt! I sent her a picture of Finn's mobile on his crib and this is what she created from just a picture! She is so creative. :)
This is his bassinette. The blanket on top was knitted by my cousin Andrea. She matched the colors perfectly with the rest of the room. Obviously, KitKat loves the bed. She had a nap in here for several hours one day. You can see sleepytime Finn behind her from Adventure Time. I'm excited to roll this into our room when Finn gets here so he can sleep next to me!
Here is a view of the letters I made Finn this week. I wanted to do letters above his bed originally, but because we decided to do the fish instead, I put them on top of his closet. I got the letters and the fish shapes from Joann's crafts. They were originally a natural wood color, so I painted them white and then super glued the fish on. Arthur helped me hang them up yesterday. I was so excited to see them finished finally!
Here is a close-up of the letters. The ribbon holding each letter up is twine, with white stripes painted on. I got the ribbon at Hobby Lobby. It ended up really cute, I think!
Here is the inside of his crib. Right now I'm storing his Boppy in there. I have a few more stuffed animals in the crib as well. The bedding is from KidsLine and I bought it on eBay. Arthur and I looked for a long time for a bedding set that we loved. We liked this one because the colors were really bright and they were the type of fish design we were looking for. The mobile is from Arthur's aunt JeNeal. Can you spot the other Finn we have?
Next to the crib, we have his play mat with a bunch of ocean toys on it. I'm excited to let him lie on it and play with the toys. I also got a MamaRoo bouncer for him from my mom and dad. They loved going with Arthur and me to the baby store and picking it out with us. They were so excited to buy something for Baby Finn! It is a really cool bouncer, it moves like a person bouncing a baby. There are sounds and an iPhone jack so I can play music for him while he relaxes in it. If you haven't seen the cool MamaRoo video, you'll have to check it out.
Here is the video for the MamaRoo:
Here is a picture of Teddy Ruxpin trying out our MamaRoo:
Next to his window seat is my rocker. I got this from Arthur's mom for Christmas this past year. I usually put on his fleece blanket that goes with his bed set and a knitted baby blanket from his Grandma on his dad's side. Arthur and I got the wall shelf from Home Depot, we liked it because it looks like an ocean wave. I have a few frames up there right now, one is from his mom showing the birth day and time and measurements for Finn, and the other one is from my sister-in-law Whitney. It has a great quote about motherhood. I spend hours in this corner, rocking and listening to music from his mobile. I like using the Twilight Turtle to put blue stars on the ceiling. It's really relaxing. My favorite thing is when Arthur sits next to me on the window seat and he reads books to Baby Finn. He does all the voices from the books and doesn't skip parts. :)
Here is his dresser. The lamp on the left is a cute whale that matches the bedding set we got, also by KidsLine. In front of that is my Mother's Day snow globe and Baby Finn's journal. I'll be writing in it before he is born and after he is born so he has something he can read about his birth that I wrote. My mom did that for me, and it's one of my most prized possessions. I love reading about my first few days and weeks after I was born. Next to his lamp, you can see his big pile of books he has already. I hope Finn loves to read! Next to that is our baby monitor and his baby album with all of his ultrasound pictures. In front of those things you can see my essential oils and hot pad that Arthur's mom and brother gave me for my birthday. Next to that is the fish I made for Finn at Color Me Mine. Then, you'll see his framed 3D ultrasound picture that shows the best view of his face. I love to spend time looking at it when I'm sitting in my rocker.
Here is the amazing light fixture Arthur found online. We debated between this one and a ceiling fan with palm leaves, but I'm glad we ended on this one because it really matched his crib and dresser.
Overall, the experience of putting his room together has been so fun. I have loved coming home from every one of our baby showers and putting things away. We are so lucky to have such generous friends and family to help us get ready for Baby Finn. I'm excited for Finn to get here so he can enjoy his room! :)
The last thing I will say about this whole experience is that Arthur has been incredible through this whole process. He has been SO patient with me and allowed me to be obsessive about even the tiniest detail when putting things together. He has spent hours moving things around and building things so I can feel like there is a special place for Finn to come home to after he is born. I am so lucky to have such a hard working and patient husband. Not to mention talented with great taste!











No comments:
Post a Comment