Thursday, June 6, 2013

My Favorite Hypnobirth Video

I've done great with updating my blog every day this month!  I don't always post that I've updated on Facebook, so I suggest that you bookmark my blog and check back if you're interested in reading it without notification.  :)  My URL is http://theminersonline.blogspot.com/

Anyway, on to the topic for the day!  :)  Every night before bed, Arthur and I are practicing our Hypnobirth exercises.  It's crucial that I am able to move into a state of complete relaxation when I start having my early labor contractions.

I find that breathing and relaxing is really easy for me, and so I feel like my Hypnobirth will be successful.  One of the first examples I saw of Hypnobirthing was on YouTube.  I found a really great example of a hospital Hypnobirth when I was first researching it. 

Some of the things that really stood out to me was the fact that she was so far dilated, and she wasn't screaming in pain or on her back.  I also was surprised that she wasn't holding her breath during pushing.  This was really different from all of the stories I had heard of birthing.  How would the baby even move if she wasn't bearing down?  I didn't understand.

Now that I've been through the class, and I understand how breathing can deliver the baby for you, it is something I am really excited for.

The other thing I loved about this example was how alert the baby was after, and how agile the mom is, walking around so freely and not hurting or exhausted.  I will have this!

I decided to share this cool video of my favorite hospital Hypnobirth example.  Let me know what you think!
   

3 comments:

  1. K, first of all. Love that video. Bawled like a baby. What a beautiful delivery and so very calm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved every second of that! I hope that is exactly how your birth will be :) It will be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I literally just watched this amazing video on the hypnobirth page!!! I loved it so much i shared it with Austin like 5 minutes ago

    ReplyDelete