Thursday, November 1, 2012

Lullaby

I usually blog in the morning when I'm first waking up, but today's routine was off because Arthur didn't have to work.  So, I was running a bit late so I didn't get a chance to sit down and record my thoughts.

Today was very, very busy.  I had a back-to-back day and I was (thankfully) able to get everything done.  I have been struggling with something pretty annoying, though and I needed to blog about it.

I am so worried that I will miscarry.  I know it's probably a slim chance, and that I'm probably over-worrying myself... but I think I spent too much time on message boards before I got pregnant reading over people posting stuff about it.  Things like, "I'm just now TTC after MC, and..." there were so many posts like that.  Every time I go to the bathroom, I worry that my period will come and that it will all be over.  I hate that I am dealing with this, and I wish it wasn't a concern in my brain.

I didn't really have any symptoms today, which was nice.  I appreciated that I was able to get through the day without being too hungry.  I think it's because I ate a big breakfast.

I think I am going to add favorite thing I ate today to the daily list.  

How far along:  4 weeks TODAY!!
How much time left:  36 weeks
Top two symptoms:  Tired and tired

Favorite thing I ate today:  Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki sandwich from Subway.  YUM!

Mood:  I was very serious today.  I think it's because my boss was distracted by something in staff meeting and the mood was very "off".  I emailed her and asked her what was wrong and she brushed me off and told me it was nothing.  Oh, well - you can't please them all.  Other than that, I felt accomplished because I got everything done.  I like feeling that way.  :)

Worried about:  Same as yesterday... that my period will come.  Ugh.

Excited for:  Holding my baby in my arms and singing to them.  I have always loved the song "Sov Gott" (Sleep Well) by Jewel.  I've posted the song below with the Swedish lyrics.  It's a Swedish lullaby song about a wolf and a dolphin who fall in love.  The message I get from the song is that two completely different beings can come together and still share something as simple as love.

 
 
Swedish Lyrics:
Sov gott, vackra delfin
Sov gott, jag vita varg
Vi har kärlek för varandra
För varandra
För alltid

Sov gott, vackra delfin
Sov gott, jag vita varg
Vi har kärlek för varandra
För varandra
För alltid

Sov gott
Sov gott, jag vita varg
Morgonen vaknar
Då kysser vi
Kysser vi, Kysser vi,
Sov gott
Sov gott, för alltid

Sov gott, vackra delfin
Sov gott, jag vita varg
Vi har kärlek för varandra
För varandra, för alltid

Sov gott
Sov gott, jag vita varg
Morgonen vaknar
Då kysser vi,
Då kysser vi, för alltid
Då kysser vi, för alltid
Sov gott
Sov gott
Sov gott
English lyrics:
Sleep well, beautiful dolphin
Sleep well, white wolf
We have love for each other
For each other
Forever

Sleep well, beautiful dolphin
Sleep well, white wolf
We have love for each other
For each other
Forever

Sleep well,
Sleep well, white wolf
Morning wakes
Then we kiss
We kiss, we kiss
Sleep well
Sleep well, forever

Sleep well, beautiful dolphin
Sleep well, white wolf
We have love for each other
For each other, forever

Sleep well
Sleep well, white wolf
Morning wakes
Then we kiss
Then we kiss, forever
Then we kiss, forever
Sleep well
Sleep well
Sleep well

2 comments:

  1. Ma'am....here's an article that might be helpful based on your feelings today :) It has some spiritual undertones but I think you are probably comfortable with them (I know I am). I hope it helps! http://modernalternativepregnancy.com/2012/10/03/stressing-over-miscarriage/#.UJM0c4bCbTo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ma'am! That was very helpful!

    ReplyDelete