Did I drive you crazy with the anticipation? I hope you enjoyed a little bit of how I felt for the past 15 weeks! Ha!
I'm just kidding, and I'm sorry that you had to wait so long.
When the girl who was doing the ultrasound moved the wand over to where we were going to check for the gender, I knew immediately what it was. I even turned away briefly because I was so surprised.
It was like a rush of emotions all at once, all of them were happy. The feeling of peace from knowing what he was, and the thoughts that came to me all at once was so overwhelming. I started thinking of the nursery, and clothes, and sports, and legos, and baseball hats, and EVERYTHING! It was like a flood of every thought that I had suppressed over the past few months was hitting me.
We got a few more pictures and left with a stack of pictures and a CD with the digital copies. I also got a DVD of the video so I could watch him move again.
Arthur and I were so excited, so we wanted to tell our moms. We went up to Bountiful first and stopped at the grocery store. We got a little cake and the girl wrote "It's a Boy!" on it for us in frosting. We took it up to my parent's house and surprised them. They were so happy!
Afterwards, we stopped and got some vanilla cupcakes and some little plastic bottles that are usually for baby shower favors. Arthur put a blue one in each of the cupcakes. We went to Arthur's mom's work and both she and Arthur's sister were there working. They took a break for a minute and we pulled out the cupcakes. It took them a second, and Arthur had to ask them what color they are. They were like "Is it a boy?!" We laughed and said yes.
Yesterday was such a great day, one of the best I've had in a long time. I commented last night that I hadn't felt this happy since I first found out I was pregnant.
I'm now learning what this baby thing is all about for someone my age. It completely breaks up the monotony and the mundane feelings of everyday life. Before I got pregnant, life felt like going through the motions every day. I know that things are going to become even more crazy when I finally have him here... but for now, I'm certainly enjoying the new and exciting emotions that I have never felt before. :)
I'm just kidding, and I'm sorry that you had to wait so long.
When the girl who was doing the ultrasound moved the wand over to where we were going to check for the gender, I knew immediately what it was. I even turned away briefly because I was so surprised.
IT'S A BOY! You can see his junk where the arrow is pointing, 3 little white dots in between his legs. :)
It was like a rush of emotions all at once, all of them were happy. The feeling of peace from knowing what he was, and the thoughts that came to me all at once was so overwhelming. I started thinking of the nursery, and clothes, and sports, and legos, and baseball hats, and EVERYTHING! It was like a flood of every thought that I had suppressed over the past few months was hitting me.
We got a few more pictures and left with a stack of pictures and a CD with the digital copies. I also got a DVD of the video so I could watch him move again.
Arthur and I were so excited, so we wanted to tell our moms. We went up to Bountiful first and stopped at the grocery store. We got a little cake and the girl wrote "It's a Boy!" on it for us in frosting. We took it up to my parent's house and surprised them. They were so happy!
Afterwards, we stopped and got some vanilla cupcakes and some little plastic bottles that are usually for baby shower favors. Arthur put a blue one in each of the cupcakes. We went to Arthur's mom's work and both she and Arthur's sister were there working. They took a break for a minute and we pulled out the cupcakes. It took them a second, and Arthur had to ask them what color they are. They were like "Is it a boy?!" We laughed and said yes.
Yesterday was such a great day, one of the best I've had in a long time. I commented last night that I hadn't felt this happy since I first found out I was pregnant.
I'm now learning what this baby thing is all about for someone my age. It completely breaks up the monotony and the mundane feelings of everyday life. Before I got pregnant, life felt like going through the motions every day. I know that things are going to become even more crazy when I finally have him here... but for now, I'm certainly enjoying the new and exciting emotions that I have never felt before. :)


Congrats!! So exciting! Yay for boys!!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you. Now comes the fun part! You get to shop for clothes, get the nursery ready, refer to him as "him". Isn't finding out what you are having just the coolest thing ever? That and feeling them move!! I think it's so cool how Arthur surprised you with the fetal fotos appointment!! Congrats on the little boy!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! Boys are so fun!!! I am so excited for you and Arthur!!
ReplyDeleteBoth Autumn and I were in a daze we thought oh how nice a treat it had been very busy at work so sitting down was a vacation. After I am sure what felt like and hour or two to Gen and Art Artie says what color are bottles DUH!!! baby bottles hello that is how tired I was,I should have known the minute they walk in from their grins from ear to ear what was up. Finally I say OH a baby FINN!! however after they left they did not get to see Autumn and my happy dance!! Thanks Gen for being a nine month bawling, growing {really I can stretch out that far?} heating feeding baby machine!!
ReplyDelete