Saturday, January 5, 2013

Weekend!!

Hurray, it's the weekend!  I was really looking forward to sleeping in, but it's 7:00ish on a Saturday morning.  I am up because I heard this terrible crash that woke me up.  It sounded almost like someone had broken through our front room window and landed with a thud in our living room. 

I asked Arthur if he heard it, and of course he didn't.  He will probably sleep through the end of the world.  I was really scared and didn't want to come out of our room.  I listened for any follow-up noises like walking around, or glass crunching.   There was nothing but little cat bells.

I cautiously came out of our room and peered around the corner into the living room.  The cats had knocked over the big palm tree plant.  Arthur spent all day yesterday taking down the Christmas decorations, which included putting our big palm tree in front of the window again. 

I'm sure the cats weren't used to it, so they were probably trying to climb it.  It sits on a wiggly 3-legged stand. 

I tried to come back to bed to go back to sleep, but I kept worrying about water going all over the floor (if he'd recently watered it or something).  I came out and stood the plant up and now there's no way I can sleep.  :(

So, I'm up blogging.  I may get some hot chocolate and try to go rest a little in a bit, and maybe read.  I do love the morning when it's quiet and I can just do what I want.  I wonder if it will stay like that when I have kids. 

How far along:  13 Weeks, 2 Days
How much time left:  26 Weeks, 5 days
 
Top two symptoms:  Yesterday I didn't deal too much with difficult symptoms.  It was the typical headache throughout the day, and then nausea at night.  I think the nausea seems to get bad just as I'm starting to get ready for bed.   Not sure why.  I had to eat a banana, a half of a pack of saltines and eat a Preggie Pop Drop.  If you haven't heard of them, they're all natural and they're supposed to help with nausea.  They are sour, so I think something with the extra saliva production makes you not be as nauseated.  I'm not sure, but they work pretty good.  https://www.threelollies.com/

Favorite thing I ate today:  Yesterday, I had Subway.  It was so delicious.  I haven't eaten much today, so maybe I'll blog with that info later.  :)

Mood:  My mood yesterday was ok.  At work I was a bit frazzled because I had to get a bunch of stuff done for next week.  I did have a happy moment, my boss found out she's having a boy.  I was excited for her because she wants a boy.   The other highlight of my day was coming home and seeing Arthur.  He always cheers me up after I've had to work all day.  He even traded me nights and made me dinner.  Best husband ever.

Worried about:  Even though I'm extremely excited for my 14 week doctor's appointment next week, I'm nervous too.  What if something isn't normal?  Have I done everything I can to make sure I have a healthy baby?  I know that most of this stuff is out of my control, but I still worry about it. 

Excited for:  On the other side, I'm also very excited.  It would be cool if the doctor could tell me the sex of the baby.  I know 14 weeks is probably too early, but I can still hope, right?  I really, REALLY want to go get Fetal Fotos to do an ultrasound at 15 weeks because they can see the sex of the baby then.  They even guarantee that they will be able to tell you what it is from then.  Even if the baby is being "shy" I hear they give you a gift certificate to come back and try again.  I just want to know!!!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Really enjoyed reading this post. I hope everything goes well with your appointment. We're praying for you and our little niece/nephew.

    ReplyDelete