I know how important it is to apologize to someone if you haven't had a chance to talk with them in awhile, especially if they are upset with you. So, let me begin our conversation today with an apology. I am really sorry for not blogging in awhile. I had a bunch of days where I was really struggling to feel happy about much of anything, so I felt like no news was good news until I had a happier perspective.
I had hoped with the 2nd trimester starting that my nausea would magically disappear and that my headaches would just vanish. They didn't, and so I got a little depressed.
I also went to my 14 week doctor's appointment on Friday, January 11. Both Arthur and I were told at our 10 week appointment that if we got there at a non-busy time that maybe we could have an ultrasound. We purposefully booked an appointment at 9:00 in the morning so they would have no excuse of being busy with us being the first appointment of the day.
At the appointment, everything was fine. My blood pressure was normal, and baby's heart rate was 161. The doctor asked me if I had any questions and of course I did. I asked him about baths, because I'm having 1 a day now to help with the growing pains and crampy legs. He said it was fine as long as the water wasn't so hot that it made my skin turn red, and as long as my body temperature didn't get too high.
I also asked him about deli meats. He said that in his over 2,000 deliveries, he'd never seen a woman who had contracted listeria from deli meats. He said they were probably fine. I do trust what he says, but I also know that I tend to be the 1 in a million (so you're sayin' there's a chance) that gets the bacteria. So, I am just cautious. I might incorporate some deli meats from somewhere that I see them cut it in front of me. I dunno. I'm glad that I'm not craving it too bad anymore. However, I WILL eat myself a fat sandwich (from Subway, of course) that has lots of no-no meats on it as soon as this baby is here. :)
The last question I asked was about my ultrasound. I wanted to know if it was going to happen that day. He said that he normally does an ultrasound at 20 weeks unless there is something wrong with the heartbeat, etc. Because I'm checking out to be completely normal (thank goodness), he reassured me that most problems seen in ultrasound won't even be visible until then anyway. I took peace from that and realized that seeing my baby was just 6 short (HA) weeks away. *sigh*
A few days after that at work, I found out that I didn't get the position that I had applied for. I was bummed for about a day, and the pregnancy hormones didn't help much with that. Unfortunately, it exaggerates everything for me... so feeling sad is like feeling like it's the end of the world. I tried to focus on sayings like "everything happens for a reason" and "it wasn't supposed to happen right now". That helped a bit.
Yesterday was date night for Arthur and I. He sent me an email while I was at work that had the subject of "Off at 4?" and the email said "Date night! Are you off at 4?" I thought it was cute that he was so excited. For us, date night usually consists of dinner somewhere with a Groupon and then home to let me sleep off the food, which is why the excitement was funny to me.
I started feeling gross around 2 or so, and wanted to lie down. I got the rest of my stuff done for the day and was ready to leave around 3:15. Arthur was able to pick me up by 3:30, which I really appreciated.
I got in the car and was pretty grumpy and miserable because of how awful I felt. Headache, nausea, etc. He asked me if I needed something to eat, so I told him yes. We went to Taco Bell and I got some food. I ate it and started feeling a bit better. I could tell he felt bad for me so he asked me if I wanted to go to Babies R Us and pick out something with some coupons he had. Of course I did!!
We went there and it took us awhile to decide on something, because there was nothing that was gender neutral. I kept commenting, "this will be a lot easier when I know if it's a boy or a girl." I also said "I'm 15 weeks today, we could do Fetal Fotos." Arthur was concerned because he didn't know how much it was and so I let it go again. We decided on a cute blanket with owls on it. It was brown, so it was good for a boy or a girl.
After Babies R Us, Arthur said he wanted to go to Costco to get some paper towels because we are out. We were closest to the Costco at 5300 South, which is close to Fetal Fotos. I asked him if we could just drive past so I could price check. He was pretty hesitant and sounded like he didn't want to. I persisted because I really needed to know how much it costs so I could figure out if it would ever be possible. 5 more weeks seemed like eternity.
He drove over and parked, and I assumed he would just wait in the car. He got out with me, which I appreciated. We went in and I asked the girl for pricing and options. She got me a couple of brochures, and went over how much it costs. It wasn't too bad, the lowest priced package was only $79.00, which included a DVD, pictures and a 2D gender check.
I was getting ready to thank her for the information, and went to leave, and Arthur said, "We'll do that one." She said "Are you Genevieve?" And I thought, how does she know my name?!
Arthur said "Surprise, you have a 5:00 appointment!" and I realized that Arthur had already booked a session for me! I started crying!
I think I freaked the girls out at the front desk because it was more like bawling. I felt like I had just won the lottery. I danced around and hugged Arthur and couldn't even see straight. It was one of the most emotional times I've ever had in my life, ever. I realized that I was going to find out if I was having a boy or a girl!
We went in the ultrasound room, and it was everything I had ever read about. a very comfortable bed, dimmed lights, peaceful. She put the goop on me and it was warm, unlike the freezing cold goop at the doctor's office for the heartbeat. She put some music on, a lullaby on the piano. There was a big screen TV at the other side of the room that I could see where the picture would appear.
She started the ultrasound and moved the little wand thing around. The second I saw the picture of the baby, I started to bawl. I felt bad for her because she was trying to get a good view, and my crying prevented her from being very productive. I finally calmed down after a few moments and just watched. It was so amazing to see the little head and the little body. She took a bunch of pictures as she went along so I was able to know what was in each shot.
Then... she went to check for the gender. She found it! But, you'll have to wait... :)
I'll blog a little bit later today with the news! Can you tell what it is?
I had hoped with the 2nd trimester starting that my nausea would magically disappear and that my headaches would just vanish. They didn't, and so I got a little depressed.
I also went to my 14 week doctor's appointment on Friday, January 11. Both Arthur and I were told at our 10 week appointment that if we got there at a non-busy time that maybe we could have an ultrasound. We purposefully booked an appointment at 9:00 in the morning so they would have no excuse of being busy with us being the first appointment of the day.
At the appointment, everything was fine. My blood pressure was normal, and baby's heart rate was 161. The doctor asked me if I had any questions and of course I did. I asked him about baths, because I'm having 1 a day now to help with the growing pains and crampy legs. He said it was fine as long as the water wasn't so hot that it made my skin turn red, and as long as my body temperature didn't get too high.
I also asked him about deli meats. He said that in his over 2,000 deliveries, he'd never seen a woman who had contracted listeria from deli meats. He said they were probably fine. I do trust what he says, but I also know that I tend to be the 1 in a million (so you're sayin' there's a chance) that gets the bacteria. So, I am just cautious. I might incorporate some deli meats from somewhere that I see them cut it in front of me. I dunno. I'm glad that I'm not craving it too bad anymore. However, I WILL eat myself a fat sandwich (from Subway, of course) that has lots of no-no meats on it as soon as this baby is here. :)
The last question I asked was about my ultrasound. I wanted to know if it was going to happen that day. He said that he normally does an ultrasound at 20 weeks unless there is something wrong with the heartbeat, etc. Because I'm checking out to be completely normal (thank goodness), he reassured me that most problems seen in ultrasound won't even be visible until then anyway. I took peace from that and realized that seeing my baby was just 6 short (HA) weeks away. *sigh*
A few days after that at work, I found out that I didn't get the position that I had applied for. I was bummed for about a day, and the pregnancy hormones didn't help much with that. Unfortunately, it exaggerates everything for me... so feeling sad is like feeling like it's the end of the world. I tried to focus on sayings like "everything happens for a reason" and "it wasn't supposed to happen right now". That helped a bit.
Yesterday was date night for Arthur and I. He sent me an email while I was at work that had the subject of "Off at 4?" and the email said "Date night! Are you off at 4?" I thought it was cute that he was so excited. For us, date night usually consists of dinner somewhere with a Groupon and then home to let me sleep off the food, which is why the excitement was funny to me.
I started feeling gross around 2 or so, and wanted to lie down. I got the rest of my stuff done for the day and was ready to leave around 3:15. Arthur was able to pick me up by 3:30, which I really appreciated.
I got in the car and was pretty grumpy and miserable because of how awful I felt. Headache, nausea, etc. He asked me if I needed something to eat, so I told him yes. We went to Taco Bell and I got some food. I ate it and started feeling a bit better. I could tell he felt bad for me so he asked me if I wanted to go to Babies R Us and pick out something with some coupons he had. Of course I did!!
We went there and it took us awhile to decide on something, because there was nothing that was gender neutral. I kept commenting, "this will be a lot easier when I know if it's a boy or a girl." I also said "I'm 15 weeks today, we could do Fetal Fotos." Arthur was concerned because he didn't know how much it was and so I let it go again. We decided on a cute blanket with owls on it. It was brown, so it was good for a boy or a girl.
After Babies R Us, Arthur said he wanted to go to Costco to get some paper towels because we are out. We were closest to the Costco at 5300 South, which is close to Fetal Fotos. I asked him if we could just drive past so I could price check. He was pretty hesitant and sounded like he didn't want to. I persisted because I really needed to know how much it costs so I could figure out if it would ever be possible. 5 more weeks seemed like eternity.
He drove over and parked, and I assumed he would just wait in the car. He got out with me, which I appreciated. We went in and I asked the girl for pricing and options. She got me a couple of brochures, and went over how much it costs. It wasn't too bad, the lowest priced package was only $79.00, which included a DVD, pictures and a 2D gender check.
I was getting ready to thank her for the information, and went to leave, and Arthur said, "We'll do that one." She said "Are you Genevieve?" And I thought, how does she know my name?!
Arthur said "Surprise, you have a 5:00 appointment!" and I realized that Arthur had already booked a session for me! I started crying!
I think I freaked the girls out at the front desk because it was more like bawling. I felt like I had just won the lottery. I danced around and hugged Arthur and couldn't even see straight. It was one of the most emotional times I've ever had in my life, ever. I realized that I was going to find out if I was having a boy or a girl!
We went in the ultrasound room, and it was everything I had ever read about. a very comfortable bed, dimmed lights, peaceful. She put the goop on me and it was warm, unlike the freezing cold goop at the doctor's office for the heartbeat. She put some music on, a lullaby on the piano. There was a big screen TV at the other side of the room that I could see where the picture would appear.
She started the ultrasound and moved the little wand thing around. The second I saw the picture of the baby, I started to bawl. I felt bad for her because she was trying to get a good view, and my crying prevented her from being very productive. I finally calmed down after a few moments and just watched. It was so amazing to see the little head and the little body. She took a bunch of pictures as she went along so I was able to know what was in each shot.
Then... she went to check for the gender. She found it! But, you'll have to wait... :)
I'll blog a little bit later today with the news! Can you tell what it is?
Yay! Arthur is the best...I can't believe this!
ReplyDeleteOh, you have got yourself a good husband!!! SO excited to find out!!
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome night! i am guessing boy!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great story!! I'm sorry you've been dealing with sad emotions, but those times make the happier ones even better!!!
ReplyDelete