Thursday, January 3, 2013

Long Time No Blog!

So sorry for the delay.  I haven't felt like blogging until today this week.  I kept thinking about doing it and every time I did, I got a little bit of anxiety because of how long I've waited to blog.

But, I must forgive and forget, and move on.  Here I am, and here are the updates.

I promised a picture of my new haircut that I got on Saturday.  I have bangs and darker hair:


I also promised a picture of all of the baby stuff I got for Christmas.  I took a picture of all of it, including a few of the things I've collected on my own:


 On Monday of this week I worked from home.  I had a pretty relaxing day getting a few things done for the end of the year.  That night, Arthur and I went to see The Hobbit.  It was pretty good.  I kept waiting for them to meet up with the dragon and Arthur told me that it won't happen until at least the 3rd movie in the series.  Hmm.

After the movie, we went back home.  We watched the ball drop for the new year.  It wasn't very exciting, but it was very nice to not be stressed with going out and doing a bunch of stuff.

The next day we slept in until about 9:30.  I met up with my sister and her family to go to Build a Bear.  It was Adam's birthday present back in November to get a Build a Bear and an outfit.

We met up at the Gateway and ate at the food court for lunch.  Then we went to Build a Bear.  Adam picked a little dog and named him Ruff Ruff.  We got him an NBA outfit and a football outfit.  We dressed him in the NBA outfit:


After Build a Bear, we met up with Jackson and Whit and Leo at the Aquarium.  Jackson loved looking at the fish.  He is so cute, he babbles and talks non-stop.  He also let me hold him a few times, which was awesome.  It was nice to spend time with both my nephews and my niece on my day off.

I had to go back to work on Wednesday, and I've just been getting back into the groove of things.  Mostly, I'm just focusing on getting past these next week or so until I can get back to the doctor and see how my baby is doing.  I'm trying really hard to avoid nausea by eating well and sleeping as much as I can at night.  I still feel pregnant which tells me all is still ok.  :)

How far along:  13 Weeks TODAY!
How much time left:  27 Weeks

Top two symptoms:  Today it was nausea and body aches.  I have been coming home and taking a bath to help with the painful "growing pains".  They are mostly in my upper legs and lower torso.  I read that it's pretty normal for this part of the pregnancy.  Normal doesn't mean that I appreciate it, though.  :)  I tried to keep eating as much as I could today to help with the nausea.  I did a pretty good job. 

Favorite thing I ate today:  I went to Zupa's with my friends from work and I had the mushroom soup with orzo pasta.  It was de-lic-ious.  :)

Mood:  My mood at work was good, I felt like I was able to get everything done today and stay focused.  It got a bit worse after work, which is when I started to go downhill and feel a bit worse. 

Worried about:  My headaches are still there during the day, and I worry about the pain that I'm feeling in my legs and lower torso.  I know it's normal, but it still worries me sometimes.  

Excited for:  I'm looking forward to getting together with my sister, dad and Brielle to celebrate their birthdays.  It's always fun to spend time with my family.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey cousin! I love reading your blog, but the last couple times I tried to comment, it didn't go through, so hopefully this does.
    When I was pregnant with Court, I worked at the police dept. and sat a lot. My legs were very achy and so my doc told me to wear compression socks, or panty hose. I found some compression thigh highs at Norco, a medical supply store and they helped a ton with my achy legs. They were comfy too. Make sure to talk to your doc about the aches and pains. Some are normal and some are not. I hope your nausea goes away or subsides now that you are in to your 2nd trimester. Love ya cousin!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you had trouble commenting, that's no fun! The compression socks sound like a great idea. I will definitely bring it up at the doctor's office visit in a week. I hope my nausea goes away too! BabyCenter says 14 weeks is the official start of the 2nd trimester, because the first two weeks of your pregnancy you aren't even really pregnant yet. So, I hope that after next week I will start to feel normal. :) I love you too, cousin! :) Thanks for commenting!

      Delete