I love the singer Jewel. I appreciate her music because she has the ability, through song, to express emotions that I feel in my life in a way that I could have never done in words.
For a long time, I didn't know if I wanted to be a mom. I knew when I was little that I did, but as I got older, and became comfortable with my life how it was, I thought that I would be happier not having kids.
And then, my sister and my brother both had kids, and something inside of me changed. I saw how happy they were, and I felt how happy their kids made me. I realized that I was going to have to make sacrifices to be ready to have kids because I'd been living so long thinking that it would never happen. Once I made a simple decision that I was going to start figuring out how to prepare myself, it became so easy to see what roadblocks I would have to overcome. I'm so grateful that I pushed myself, and even now, only 15 weeks in, I'm already starting to feel satisfied. I'm so excited to be a mom!
I love how Jewel explains what Satisfied means to her in this video.
Here's the song she's talking about in the video above. I've posted the lyrics below. Please forgive the ending with Regis and Kelly. I loved the live version the most, so I posted it instead of the music video.
If you love somebody
You better let it out
Don't hold it back
While you're trying to figure it out
Don't be timid
Don't be afraid to hurt
Run toward the flame, run toward the fire
And hold on for all your worth
Cause the only real pain
Your heart can never know
Is the sorrow of regret
When you don't let your feelings show
So did you say it
Did you mean it
Did you lay it on the line, did you make it count
Did you look 'em in the eye & did they feel it
Did you say in time
Did you say out loud
Cause if you did Hun
Then you've lived some
And that feeling inside
That's called satisfied
Horses were built to run
And the sun was meant to shine above
And flowers were made to bloom
Then there's us
We were born
To love
We were born
To love
So did you say it
Did you mean it
Did you lay it on the line, did you make it count
Did you look 'em in the eye & did they feel it
Did you say it in time
Did you say it out loud... oh
Cause if you did Hun
Well then you lived some
And that feeling inside
That's called satisfied
Ma'am....this song is amazing! It's actually the type of song I've been looking to hear for a while :) I definitely appreciate it because it can apply to so many different situations. I especially liked her explanation of what "Satisfied" meant to her...I think it's important that everyone stops and takes a look at their life like that sometimes.
ReplyDelete