Sunday, February 10, 2013

18 Weeks and Counting!

Happy Sunday!

It's been a few days since I've blogged, I had a really crazy week.  I'm finally feeling better from my cold that I had earlier in the week.  It was definitely better than the cold I had back in December.  I was grateful that it only lasted about 4 days, instead of the 2 weeks the other one lasted.

Baby-wise I had my doctor's appointment on Friday, and it was very successful.  We didn't get do an ultrasound, he said that I would get one in 2 weeks at my 20 week appointment.  I was mentally prepared for that, since he told me that at my previous appointment.  I'm looking forward to him checking everything and making sure Finn is healthy and happy.

He got the heartbeat, and it sounded better than ever.  That made my day awesome.  :)

Here is a video of the heartbeat!  I didn't get a visual, I just recorded the audio and put his picture behind it, in case you're wondering.


I've also been doing some shopping over the past week.  Whenever I go to any store, I always like to look at the baby clothes to see if they have anything cute for boys.  Arthur and I got some cool stuff at Babies R Us and Target.  We are mostly  looking for ocean or fish themed clothes, since that goes along with his name.

I realized a couple of weeks back that Finn is the name of one of the main characters on Adventure Time, a crazy cartoon on cable.  So I've been looking for stuff that has Finn from the show on it.  I found a cute little stuffed Finn at Target, so I had to get it:


My pants have been getting small, as I've been growing bigger.  I don't think I'm showing a whole lot, but I have been noticing that it's getting harder to fit into my pants.  I got a gift card to Motherhood Maternity for Christmas from Arthur's mom, so Arthur and I went shopping yesterday and I tried on some stuff.  They have this fake belly thing that you strap on so you can see what the clothes will look like when you're showing more.  I had to try it on.  It was so weird!  Arthur laughed and took some pictures:


This weekend Arthur and I also made a cake for Eli's birthday.  It was a Candy Castle cake like from the Candyland game.  We got one picture of it from one of Eli's friends.  We also took some on our nice camera, but that's still over at Arthur's house.  It was really fun to do!  We like making cakes, and I love doing the detail!


This week at work is going to be really busy.  It's also Valentine's Day, so I've got to get ready for that, since I'm cooking the dinner this year.  It's not that I'm not willing to cook as a labor of love, it's just that it kind of stresses me out to prepare a perfect meal, on time, and have it taste good too.  Better than good, even.  Oh, well... I have a few ideas already, so hopefully I'm prepared.

How far along:  18 Weeks, 3 Days
How much time left:  21 Weeks, 4 Days

Top two symptoms:  I've been really tired this weekend.  I think it's because either Finn is growing, or because I've had some pretty restless sleep.  It's tough to feel motivated to do stuff when you're so tired, even when you feel good.  I'm trying to push myself, though.  :)

Favorite thing I ate today:  Arthur made some delicious rolls for dinner.  They were so good!  I also had an amazing breakfast yesterday that Arthur made me.  He is so much better at cooking than me.

Mood:  I've felt emotional and a bit needy today.  The previous days I think I've been ok, a bit on the distracted side and not always able to focus... and that can frustrate me.  For the most part, though, I've been happy.

Worried about:  Even though I'm ready for anything, and would be happy with anything, I worry that there will be something crazy the doctor finds at my 20 week appointment.  I know that I've done everything I can to make sure Finn is healthy and happy, so I know that worrying is pointless... But pointless or not, I am still a normal worrying mom-to-be.

Excited for:  I had a thought today about playing outside with Finn when it's warm and he's bigger.  I know that's a long way off, but the thought of him running around in the grass and playing with our cats was a happy thought.  I also had a dream this weekend where I felt needed by someone else.  I know I'm needed by friends and family, but this was a different kind of needed.  I can't describe it.  It was nice.  

1 comment:

  1. I need you and AUTUMN always needs you. Eli's party was a hit. Thanks for the hard work and helping me so much. The belly looks great on you such a fashion statement!! Are you working on Baby Donald's bYu room yet? Eli will sew the cougars blue curtains for you!!

    ReplyDelete