Morning everyone! I had a rough day yesterday. The highlight of my day was getting so many wonderful comments and messages from my friends and family about my pain management concerns. You all shared ideas with me that I had never even thought about yet. The internets are so amazing, aren't they!? I don't trust most online forums, but when I have people I know, love and trust sharing their experiences with me, it makes is so much easier to know what I want and need.
This is tough to go through for your first time, without a lot of unbiased help. Thankfully, I have an amazing husband who is patient and supportive of my decisions. He guides me with advice that reminds me that I should always think about the healthy options first, before I think about anything else. That is why I am so lucky.
When it comes to the path I will take for pain management and childbirth, I've decided to look at as many options that I can outside of the traditional OB delivery experience. I know I love baths, and I know that I have a strong mind. I will probably call the American Fork hospital later today and set up a tour to see what options they have for undecided mothers like me. I know that knowledge is power, and so I need to more completely educate myself to help eliminate some of this anxiety. Once I've done that, I feel like I can set up my birth plan. Halfway through pregnancy is a good time to do it, right? I also want to register for some birthing classes, so Arthur and I can be as prepared as possible.
I am feeling so much better today. Last night on my way home I stopped and got some Vick's Vaporub and some earplugs. Part of my problem is congestion waking me up and then little sounds keeping me awake, such as my cats, or even the sound of Arthur breathing next to me. It's awful. I think I was blessed with my mom's light sleeping ability, which will work wonders when I have my Finn here. :) I know, I know... "it only gets worse, Genevieve!"
I just have to get him here safely, without a cold. :)
Last night I came home from work and put my head down at the kitchen table and just cried, because I was so tired of feeling sick and wanting so much to just feel like I am normal again. Arthur was very patient with me, and he took my coat off and helped me stand up. I got some dinner and went downstairs to watch TV with him. Obviously, I fell asleep pretty quick after some Vick's. My sinus cleared up and I slept until it was bedtime. I only woke up once in the night, at 4:30 to go to the bathroom. This is an every night thing. So to my friends who love to get uninterrupted sleep, pregnancy will always wake you up at least once or twice a night to pee. Awesome.
Because I had my earplugs, I was able to go back to sleep and even slept through Arthur's alarm. This was planned, of course because I knew I needed to sleep at least until 7 to get caught up. It was so nice.
How far along: 17 Weeks, 6 Days
How much time left: 22 Weeks, 1 Day
Top two symptoms: Some congestion and I'm sure I'll have a headache later today. Yesterday I was super, super emotional. I have been pretty good at not crying at the drop of a hat with these hormones, but yesterday I had no control. I think I cried 4 times.
Favorite thing I ate today: Because it's early in the morning, I haven't eaten much. I've got my Green Tea with Jasmine here and some cereal. I'm looking forward to some delicious food later today, not quite sure what it is yet. I have been really enjoying Raspberry chocolate shakes from Arctic Circle. The raspberries they put in are fresh, and it is just delicious.
Mood: I'm a lot happier this morning because I got enough rest and I am not as congested. I also appreciate that my throat is feeling better. I hope the happy mood lasts. :) I felt so bad for Arthur last night because I was so sad, and so grumpy. He is so good, he did all of the dishes and even scratched my back. Ladies, you need to make sure your husband treats you like a queen when you're pregnant (or even when you're not.) I am so lucky. :)
Worried about: I'm not as worried today as I was yesterday. I am maybe a little anxious about getting the research on alternative birthing methods going. I am lucky to have a great friend who is willing to go with me when I tour the hospital. She also is trying, and so it will be interesting to her as well in case she gets pregnant soon. (Fingers crossed!!!) :)
Excited for: My doctor's appointment on Friday. I had a funny dream that I had twins, and one of them was a girl. I know this isn't the case, because I'd be so much bigger this far along, but it was still funny to feel those weird emotions in my dream. I hope the doctor decides to do an ultrasound! :)
This is tough to go through for your first time, without a lot of unbiased help. Thankfully, I have an amazing husband who is patient and supportive of my decisions. He guides me with advice that reminds me that I should always think about the healthy options first, before I think about anything else. That is why I am so lucky.
When it comes to the path I will take for pain management and childbirth, I've decided to look at as many options that I can outside of the traditional OB delivery experience. I know I love baths, and I know that I have a strong mind. I will probably call the American Fork hospital later today and set up a tour to see what options they have for undecided mothers like me. I know that knowledge is power, and so I need to more completely educate myself to help eliminate some of this anxiety. Once I've done that, I feel like I can set up my birth plan. Halfway through pregnancy is a good time to do it, right? I also want to register for some birthing classes, so Arthur and I can be as prepared as possible.
I am feeling so much better today. Last night on my way home I stopped and got some Vick's Vaporub and some earplugs. Part of my problem is congestion waking me up and then little sounds keeping me awake, such as my cats, or even the sound of Arthur breathing next to me. It's awful. I think I was blessed with my mom's light sleeping ability, which will work wonders when I have my Finn here. :) I know, I know... "it only gets worse, Genevieve!"
I just have to get him here safely, without a cold. :)
Last night I came home from work and put my head down at the kitchen table and just cried, because I was so tired of feeling sick and wanting so much to just feel like I am normal again. Arthur was very patient with me, and he took my coat off and helped me stand up. I got some dinner and went downstairs to watch TV with him. Obviously, I fell asleep pretty quick after some Vick's. My sinus cleared up and I slept until it was bedtime. I only woke up once in the night, at 4:30 to go to the bathroom. This is an every night thing. So to my friends who love to get uninterrupted sleep, pregnancy will always wake you up at least once or twice a night to pee. Awesome.
Because I had my earplugs, I was able to go back to sleep and even slept through Arthur's alarm. This was planned, of course because I knew I needed to sleep at least until 7 to get caught up. It was so nice.
How far along: 17 Weeks, 6 Days
How much time left: 22 Weeks, 1 Day
Top two symptoms: Some congestion and I'm sure I'll have a headache later today. Yesterday I was super, super emotional. I have been pretty good at not crying at the drop of a hat with these hormones, but yesterday I had no control. I think I cried 4 times.
Favorite thing I ate today: Because it's early in the morning, I haven't eaten much. I've got my Green Tea with Jasmine here and some cereal. I'm looking forward to some delicious food later today, not quite sure what it is yet. I have been really enjoying Raspberry chocolate shakes from Arctic Circle. The raspberries they put in are fresh, and it is just delicious.
Mood: I'm a lot happier this morning because I got enough rest and I am not as congested. I also appreciate that my throat is feeling better. I hope the happy mood lasts. :) I felt so bad for Arthur last night because I was so sad, and so grumpy. He is so good, he did all of the dishes and even scratched my back. Ladies, you need to make sure your husband treats you like a queen when you're pregnant (or even when you're not.) I am so lucky. :)
Worried about: I'm not as worried today as I was yesterday. I am maybe a little anxious about getting the research on alternative birthing methods going. I am lucky to have a great friend who is willing to go with me when I tour the hospital. She also is trying, and so it will be interesting to her as well in case she gets pregnant soon. (Fingers crossed!!!) :)
Excited for: My doctor's appointment on Friday. I had a funny dream that I had twins, and one of them was a girl. I know this isn't the case, because I'd be so much bigger this far along, but it was still funny to feel those weird emotions in my dream. I hope the doctor decides to do an ultrasound! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment