Thursday, February 7, 2013

Words of Wisdom

A quote from Jewel:

"Being a mom really has changed my life and touched my heart.  It's such a healing thing.  You know, I'm a kid that had a tough upbringing, you know my mom wasn't around, my dad took over raising us but we had a tumultuous relationship.  Being a mom has really healed so much, it's such an amazing experience and I feel so lucky to be able to experience being a mom.  It's definitely changed what I do and how I do it.  

"You know, it's funny, I was a worrier my whole life, and worrying really robs you of enjoying the present.  I moved out when I was 15... I think you don't make it unless you're constantly looking ahead at what's going to go wrong, how can I make something perfect now, so that it won't go wrong later, looking ahead...  I've had that mentality my whole life.  It served me well, but in a lot of ways it robbed me. There's times I wished I could have stopped, and enjoyed and been proud of myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment