I normally post every day, but this past week I've been really sick. :( I've got the next 4 days off, so I'll definitely try and blog over the holidays.
I got a lot of great feedback after posting my initial announcement to the limited number of people on FaceBook. I got a lot of blog views, and a bunch of people who commented on the post. It made me feel good to know that I have so much support.
So, about being sick... I always have a very dull headache due to hormones. The headache usually gets worse if I haven't slept much or if I'm getting hungry. It comes along with nausea and so if I don't eat at the right time, it gets worse. I hadn't slept well on Sunday night through Tuesday night. I scheduled myself to work from home on Wednesday because I didn't have any meetings in office.
As I was working comfortably from my office couch on Wednesday morning, I noticed that my headache was getting worse than normal, and I was feeling a bit congested. I brushed it off as nothing because congestion comes and goes for me. By Wednesday afternoon, I started feeling dizzy, and my back was throbbing. I decided to log off a couple of hours early (I let my boss know) and go try and sleep.
I got into bed and I started having chills really bad, and so I plugged in the heating pad. It was nice to get a nap and warm up.
A few hours later, I woke up with the worst headache of my life and a terrible backache. I was worried about the backache because that combined with cramping (which I didn't have) can be a sign of the beginning of miscarriage.
Fast forward to Thursday morning. I woke up very sick and had congestion like crazy. Because I'd slept on my heating pad, it helped my back a bit. I had to call in sick because there was no way I could go to work.
I stayed in bed most of the day on Thursday. Arthur had the day off, which was nice for him.
I had to go back to work on Friday, because I had a mandatory 2 hour meeting that I had to run and my team's Christmas party. I wanted to go to that, so I really pushed myself to get up and get going. I got to work by 9:00 AM. Barely. My cough was so bad, I had to pull over a few times on the highway to cough a bunch before I could drive again. Ugh!
At work I was in a daze. I don't remember much of the meeting at all. I do remember that my boss gave everyone on the team a gift, and I got a great present from my friend Ashley. She gave me a funny Awkward Family Photos (siblings edition) puzzle, and my first gender neutral baby outfits! When I say first, I mean the first from someone that's not me. :)
One was a onesie pack of 3, with tan, white and yellow. The white one has a super cute little duck on it, and the yellow one has a brown and yellow print on it. The one on the left is footie pajamas with a hat. The hat, it's the cutest part. Arthur loved them as well. :) They're hanging in my office closet with some of the other stuff that Arthur and I bought (even before we were pregnant...)
Anyhoo, work was done by 12:30 PM and so I went with my team for our Christmas party lunch. We went to the Olive Garden. I was so sick before I went in. I sat in my car and just coughed for like 5 minutes straight because I knew that coughing in a public place like that wouldn't fly with strangers.
I ordered my food (Chicken Parmesan) and was a zombie the whole time. I had a few coughing fits, but made it through alive. When the check was signed, I was OUT OF THERE. I couldn't stand to be sitting up anymore. I was worried about the drive home because of how I was feeling. But, I made it home. I don't remember the drive, but I know I ended up in my bed about 45 minutes later. I slept until it was time for the Christmas party at our house.
We had Arthur's family over for the "Festivus for the Rest of Us". It's a knockoff from Seinfeld. We ate sandwiches and treats, and played games, including a gift exchange. I was in bed most of the night. I felt so bad because Arthur's family was so nice to me and no one was frustrated that I didn't socialize much. I also felt bad because Arthur worked from early in the morning on Friday until his family got there at 7 on getting ready for the party. He cleaned the whole house (every room, including my office) and prepared the meal. I did nothing but lay in bed. :(
Last night after everyone left, Mike gave me some TheraFlu. I drank it so fast. Within minutes I started feeling drowsy and so I was able to sleep. I woke up this morning feeling a bit better. My temperature was down (from 100 the night before) to 97.9. I was so grateful for that!
Arthur woke up sick, unfortunately... so he is going to go through all this tomorrow through Christmas, probably. I feel really bad for him, and I understand. I'm going to do what I can to make it up to him for all of the hard work he put in while I was sick. :)
Tonight, I'm feeling fair. My cough has gotten significantly better. I continue to have a few violent coughing fits, and it hurts pretty bad when I do. The worst thing right now is my congestion. The good news in all of this: It's masked my pregnancy symptoms, so I haven't really dealt with (or cared much about) nausea or anything else. Amazing!
How far along: 11 weeks, 2 days
How much time left: 28 Weeks, 5 days
Top two symptoms: Pregnancy related...exhaustion. Cold related? Congestion. I can't WAIT to breathe normally again.
Favorite thing I ate today: A Kraft Mac and Cheese bucket. It was so good.
Mood: My mood was normal. Not as grumpy as I've been over the past 4 days or so.
Worried about: Not feeling well enough to get the house clean before Christmas. I hope I feel like a rockstar tomorrow.
Excited for: CHRISTMAS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got a lot of great feedback after posting my initial announcement to the limited number of people on FaceBook. I got a lot of blog views, and a bunch of people who commented on the post. It made me feel good to know that I have so much support.
So, about being sick... I always have a very dull headache due to hormones. The headache usually gets worse if I haven't slept much or if I'm getting hungry. It comes along with nausea and so if I don't eat at the right time, it gets worse. I hadn't slept well on Sunday night through Tuesday night. I scheduled myself to work from home on Wednesday because I didn't have any meetings in office.
As I was working comfortably from my office couch on Wednesday morning, I noticed that my headache was getting worse than normal, and I was feeling a bit congested. I brushed it off as nothing because congestion comes and goes for me. By Wednesday afternoon, I started feeling dizzy, and my back was throbbing. I decided to log off a couple of hours early (I let my boss know) and go try and sleep.
I got into bed and I started having chills really bad, and so I plugged in the heating pad. It was nice to get a nap and warm up.
A few hours later, I woke up with the worst headache of my life and a terrible backache. I was worried about the backache because that combined with cramping (which I didn't have) can be a sign of the beginning of miscarriage.
Fast forward to Thursday morning. I woke up very sick and had congestion like crazy. Because I'd slept on my heating pad, it helped my back a bit. I had to call in sick because there was no way I could go to work.
I stayed in bed most of the day on Thursday. Arthur had the day off, which was nice for him.
I had to go back to work on Friday, because I had a mandatory 2 hour meeting that I had to run and my team's Christmas party. I wanted to go to that, so I really pushed myself to get up and get going. I got to work by 9:00 AM. Barely. My cough was so bad, I had to pull over a few times on the highway to cough a bunch before I could drive again. Ugh!
At work I was in a daze. I don't remember much of the meeting at all. I do remember that my boss gave everyone on the team a gift, and I got a great present from my friend Ashley. She gave me a funny Awkward Family Photos (siblings edition) puzzle, and my first gender neutral baby outfits! When I say first, I mean the first from someone that's not me. :)
One was a onesie pack of 3, with tan, white and yellow. The white one has a super cute little duck on it, and the yellow one has a brown and yellow print on it. The one on the left is footie pajamas with a hat. The hat, it's the cutest part. Arthur loved them as well. :) They're hanging in my office closet with some of the other stuff that Arthur and I bought (even before we were pregnant...)
Anyhoo, work was done by 12:30 PM and so I went with my team for our Christmas party lunch. We went to the Olive Garden. I was so sick before I went in. I sat in my car and just coughed for like 5 minutes straight because I knew that coughing in a public place like that wouldn't fly with strangers.
I ordered my food (Chicken Parmesan) and was a zombie the whole time. I had a few coughing fits, but made it through alive. When the check was signed, I was OUT OF THERE. I couldn't stand to be sitting up anymore. I was worried about the drive home because of how I was feeling. But, I made it home. I don't remember the drive, but I know I ended up in my bed about 45 minutes later. I slept until it was time for the Christmas party at our house.
We had Arthur's family over for the "Festivus for the Rest of Us". It's a knockoff from Seinfeld. We ate sandwiches and treats, and played games, including a gift exchange. I was in bed most of the night. I felt so bad because Arthur's family was so nice to me and no one was frustrated that I didn't socialize much. I also felt bad because Arthur worked from early in the morning on Friday until his family got there at 7 on getting ready for the party. He cleaned the whole house (every room, including my office) and prepared the meal. I did nothing but lay in bed. :(
Last night after everyone left, Mike gave me some TheraFlu. I drank it so fast. Within minutes I started feeling drowsy and so I was able to sleep. I woke up this morning feeling a bit better. My temperature was down (from 100 the night before) to 97.9. I was so grateful for that!
Arthur woke up sick, unfortunately... so he is going to go through all this tomorrow through Christmas, probably. I feel really bad for him, and I understand. I'm going to do what I can to make it up to him for all of the hard work he put in while I was sick. :)
Tonight, I'm feeling fair. My cough has gotten significantly better. I continue to have a few violent coughing fits, and it hurts pretty bad when I do. The worst thing right now is my congestion. The good news in all of this: It's masked my pregnancy symptoms, so I haven't really dealt with (or cared much about) nausea or anything else. Amazing!
How far along: 11 weeks, 2 days
How much time left: 28 Weeks, 5 days
Top two symptoms: Pregnancy related...exhaustion. Cold related? Congestion. I can't WAIT to breathe normally again.
Favorite thing I ate today: A Kraft Mac and Cheese bucket. It was so good.
Mood: My mood was normal. Not as grumpy as I've been over the past 4 days or so.
Worried about: Not feeling well enough to get the house clean before Christmas. I hope I feel like a rockstar tomorrow.
Excited for: CHRISTMAS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh... sorry you've been sick. That is NO fun. Just so you know... the congestion might just last your whole pregnancy. So far mine has, and it's a fun hormonal side effect.
ReplyDeleteHey Jilene! Thanks for your comment. :) I haven't had any trouble with congestion until just this week. I'm hoping that it doesn't continue and things go back to normal. I think I'd rather have a headache alone rather than a headache with congestion.
ReplyDeleteAw man, I am so sorry gen. That sounds rough. You were missed at adriennes last night. I have a couple good videos of the kids dancing while the adults sang. I'll have to email them to you when I get a chance. Excited to see you soon. Hopefully you and arthur feel better!
ReplyDelete