Saturday, December 15, 2012

"It's been days!"

While cooking dinner tonight, Arthur asked "Are you going to blog?  It's been days!"

Yes, it's been days.  2 weeks and 1 day since I blogged.  I'm really sorry for the delay.  I was on vacation for the first week and didn't have a computer.  The second week my only excuse was being extremely busy and trying to get feeling normal after a week of theme parks.

The vacation was really fun.  Arthur, his brother and I left Utah on Sunday and drove to Vegas.  We stayed at the Flamingo.  The room was really retro with pink walls and lights.  It was pretty crazy.

We woke up early on Monday morning so we could drive to Anaheim.  It was a 4 hour drive.  As soon as we got there, we went right to Disneyland.  The rain stopped just as we parked, which was really nice.  I've been to Disney before when it's raining, and it's miserable.  We went to California Adventure the first day because Eli loves Ariel, and so we went on her new ride first.  We also had dinner at Ariel's Grotto.  We took pictures with all of the princesses.  I got a picture with my delicious dessert.


The next day we got up extremely early and went to Universal Studios.  I was really struggling, because the drive was really long and I was very sick the whole way there.  I slept on the ride, and when I woke up when we got there, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to spend a whole day in the park.  I sucked it up and got out of the car.  I had to go to the bathroom before we got into the park, so I went to the public restrooms by the elevators.  It was so stinky in there, I started to throw up.  Well, kind of throw up since I can't actually throw up.  It's more of a very painful hiccup over and over again until the feeling passes.  So dumb.

At Universal Studios, we went on the fun rides.  When I say "we", I mean Eli and Arthur went on the fun rides.  I couldn't ride any of the exciting ones like Simpsons, or the Studio Tour or the Mummy or Transformers.  I could only go to the shows and stuff like that.  It was ok, though because I kept reminding myself of how important it was that I keep my baby safe.  I spent a lot of time eating food and people watching.  :)

I didn't get any pictures of myself at Universal Studios, but Arthur got a picture with Bumblebee and Optimus Prime.  He just got mad at me because I wasn't sure who each of them were.  So, I'm posting both pictures of him with them.


That night we went to the No Doubt concert at Universal Studios.  I started feeling better towards the second half of the day, so I was looking forward to sitting and listening to the music.  Before we went in and got our seats, Eli wanted to look at the merchandise they were selling.  The stuff was all really expensive, but we found something we liked.  Arthur and I decided on a onesie with No Doubt on it.  It is gray, and it has blue, green, white and pink on it.  It will look good on a boy or a girl.


The next day we went back to Disneyland to ride the rides there.  There are actually a lot of rides I can go on in Disneyland.  I rode Pirates, Haunted Mansion, It's a Small World and Toy Story.  I had a lot of fun!  My favorite part of the day was meeting the Queen of Hearts and seeing Sleeping Beauty's castle at night with the Christmas lights.


I also found a fancy hat that I loved!  Everyone at Disneyland wears Micky ears hats, and this one was amazing because it was brown.


I didn't buy it, though, because I wasn't going to be in Disneyland much longer, and the only place you can wear Mickey ears without looking crazy is in Disneyland.  :)

The next day we went to Sea World in San Diego.  I told Arthur that the only way I was going to go to Sea World was if I could go to my favorite restaurant in Pacific Beach called the Broken Yolk.  They have the most delicious breakfast burritos!  We went and I got my photo eating my burrito.


At Sea World, Arthur saw a Shamu-themed bug.  He wanted his picture by it.


When we got into the park, we saw the Sea World Christmas tree.  Arthur wanted us to stand by it because it was ocean-themed.


At Sea World, we saw shows, and rode the sky ride.  My favorite part of the day was feeding the flamingos.  They were so sweet, they ate right out of our hands.  We could pet them even!


The next day was going to be a half day at Disneyland and then drive to Las Vegas.  We went on a few of the rides that we'd already gone on, and Arthur and Eli went on the new Cars ride.  They had to wait in line for nearly 2 hours.  I had a nap on a bench.  :)

Disneyland is very magical at Christmas time.  Everything is decorated!


After Disneyland, we drove back to Vegas.  We stopped at this place that had a real mermaid in an aquarium!  It was so crazy!  She had these oxygen hoses that were spread throughout the tank so she could breathe.


We spent the night at the Luxor and then got up the next morning and came home.  It was a really fun trip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment