Happy Sunday!
I have had a very low-key day today, and really focused on trying to rest and recover. I am looking forward to feeling normal again.
During the week at work, when others realized I was getting sick, they would say "It sucks to be sick during the holidays!" I would keep replying that I didn't care if I was sick for Christmas, as long as I was not at work. After missing 2 really big Christmas parties with my family and Arthur's family, I'm starting to understand why people say that it sucks.
I really was looking forward to going to my sister's Christmas party last night to see Jackson and Brielle and Adam and Whit and EVERYONE. I realized as time got closer to when it was time to leave that there was no way I was going to be able to shower and get ready. So I had to call my sister and tell her I couldn't go. The good news is that I got to FaceTime with them and waved hello to everyone from my bed. That made it better.
Today I've done little but nap and eat a little here and there. My cough is significantly better. I still just have those violent fits of coughing every once in awhile, and less often than before. My congestion is much better, and I can breathe through one nostril. :) I'm still feeling pretty tired and generally out of it, which tells me I'm still working on getting better.
My parents and Grandma came out today so they could see our Christmas tree. My Grandma has only been to our house once before, but it was very dark out, and so she couldn't see much of the house with just the inside lights on. She sat in front of the tree for nearly an hour just admiring it and commenting about how pretty the blue ornaments were. I stayed upstairs the whole time and just waved at my family from the "loft" of the kitchen. I told my mom that if she was going to insist on coming over, then I was going to Lysol everything and stay away from them. I did that. I didn't touch anybody and Arthur did a good cleaning before they all came over. It was nice to see my Grandma and my parents after being cooped up in my house for so long.
After they left, Arthur got ready and went to his mom's house to help her with wrapping her gifts for their family. Arthur loves to wrap, so it's something he looks forward to every year. He left me here so I could get some more rest. I wanted to go, but I know that if I go outside in the cold air, it could set me back. The freezing air just killed me on Friday when I went to work, and it took me like 4 hours to feel normal again after being outside. So, I stayed home. I'm marinating some chicken and Mike is going to BBQ it for us.
Tomorrow is Christmas Eve. I really hope I've got some more energy tomorrow so we can go to the Christmas Eve party at my parent's house. I look forward to that every year. The gift exchange is the best part, when we trade white elephant gifts. It's also the beginning of the Christmas Day marathon.
The Christmas Day marathon begins on Christmas Eve night. We go to my family's house for dinner and dessert and a Christmas program. By about 9:30-10:00, we leave and go to Arthur's mom's house. We get Christmas pajamas and open presents that the siblings give each other. Then, we sleep there and get up super early on Christmas day for presents with his family. We stay there until about noon and then go to my family's house. We open gifts there until about 3 or 4 and then go back to his mom's house for Christmas dinner and gifts from his Aunt Joan. By the time we get home to exchange gifts with each other, it's usually about 9 or 10 PM. I'm always so exhausted, but it's always fun to look forward to our gifts to each other.
How far along: 11 weeks, 3 days
How much time left: 28 Weeks, 4 days
Top two symptoms: Nausea today a bit, since my cold seems to be getting a bit better. Cold-wise, coughing and congestion. :(
Favorite thing I ate today: My little brother Mike made me a grilled cheese sandwich. He calls it a "Grilled Cheesus". It's pretty funny. :)
Mood: I was pretty mopey/whiney today. I think it's because I want to get up and do stuff, but my body just wants to drag, so that makes me feel like I can't do all of the things I want to do.
Worried about: The Christmas Day marathon. After thinking it through... I hope I have the energy to do everything. I will rest most of the day tomorrow and hopefully I'll feel better by tomorrow night.
Excited for: Christmas Food. Maybe some mashed potatoes. Maybe some turkey. Not sure what's on the menu, but I'm hungry for it!!!!! :)
I have had a very low-key day today, and really focused on trying to rest and recover. I am looking forward to feeling normal again.
During the week at work, when others realized I was getting sick, they would say "It sucks to be sick during the holidays!" I would keep replying that I didn't care if I was sick for Christmas, as long as I was not at work. After missing 2 really big Christmas parties with my family and Arthur's family, I'm starting to understand why people say that it sucks.
I really was looking forward to going to my sister's Christmas party last night to see Jackson and Brielle and Adam and Whit and EVERYONE. I realized as time got closer to when it was time to leave that there was no way I was going to be able to shower and get ready. So I had to call my sister and tell her I couldn't go. The good news is that I got to FaceTime with them and waved hello to everyone from my bed. That made it better.
Today I've done little but nap and eat a little here and there. My cough is significantly better. I still just have those violent fits of coughing every once in awhile, and less often than before. My congestion is much better, and I can breathe through one nostril. :) I'm still feeling pretty tired and generally out of it, which tells me I'm still working on getting better.
My parents and Grandma came out today so they could see our Christmas tree. My Grandma has only been to our house once before, but it was very dark out, and so she couldn't see much of the house with just the inside lights on. She sat in front of the tree for nearly an hour just admiring it and commenting about how pretty the blue ornaments were. I stayed upstairs the whole time and just waved at my family from the "loft" of the kitchen. I told my mom that if she was going to insist on coming over, then I was going to Lysol everything and stay away from them. I did that. I didn't touch anybody and Arthur did a good cleaning before they all came over. It was nice to see my Grandma and my parents after being cooped up in my house for so long.
After they left, Arthur got ready and went to his mom's house to help her with wrapping her gifts for their family. Arthur loves to wrap, so it's something he looks forward to every year. He left me here so I could get some more rest. I wanted to go, but I know that if I go outside in the cold air, it could set me back. The freezing air just killed me on Friday when I went to work, and it took me like 4 hours to feel normal again after being outside. So, I stayed home. I'm marinating some chicken and Mike is going to BBQ it for us.
Tomorrow is Christmas Eve. I really hope I've got some more energy tomorrow so we can go to the Christmas Eve party at my parent's house. I look forward to that every year. The gift exchange is the best part, when we trade white elephant gifts. It's also the beginning of the Christmas Day marathon.
The Christmas Day marathon begins on Christmas Eve night. We go to my family's house for dinner and dessert and a Christmas program. By about 9:30-10:00, we leave and go to Arthur's mom's house. We get Christmas pajamas and open presents that the siblings give each other. Then, we sleep there and get up super early on Christmas day for presents with his family. We stay there until about noon and then go to my family's house. We open gifts there until about 3 or 4 and then go back to his mom's house for Christmas dinner and gifts from his Aunt Joan. By the time we get home to exchange gifts with each other, it's usually about 9 or 10 PM. I'm always so exhausted, but it's always fun to look forward to our gifts to each other.
How far along: 11 weeks, 3 days
How much time left: 28 Weeks, 4 days
Top two symptoms: Nausea today a bit, since my cold seems to be getting a bit better. Cold-wise, coughing and congestion. :(
Favorite thing I ate today: My little brother Mike made me a grilled cheese sandwich. He calls it a "Grilled Cheesus". It's pretty funny. :)
Mood: I was pretty mopey/whiney today. I think it's because I want to get up and do stuff, but my body just wants to drag, so that makes me feel like I can't do all of the things I want to do.
Worried about: The Christmas Day marathon. After thinking it through... I hope I have the energy to do everything. I will rest most of the day tomorrow and hopefully I'll feel better by tomorrow night.
Excited for: Christmas Food. Maybe some mashed potatoes. Maybe some turkey. Not sure what's on the menu, but I'm hungry for it!!!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment