Saturday, October 27, 2012

First Night, Second Test

It's the first night to sleep since I've found out that I'm pregnant.  I'm really tired tonight and my abdomen is cramping like I'm in the middle of my period.  I'm also very tired.  I will be going to bed after I finish this entry.

I ended up taking two tests today.  The first test picture was in my post earlier today.  The second test that I took was a Clear Blue + Digital.  I needed to see it in black in white, and in words that it was true, and that I was actually pregnant.

When Arthur came home, I asked him if he wanted to wait while I took the digital test.  I went in and peed on the stick and when I came out, it was in the "wait for results" mode.  We both watched it together.  After about 3 minutes, it flashed "Pregnant" on the screen and it stayed there.  I showed it to him and he was happy.

Here's a picture of the digital test with the word "Pregnant" on it:


I haven't told many people yet, mainly just Arthur and Mike, since he was here.  I have a few friends who are also trying (or getting ready to try) and I don't want them to be sad that I got pregnant first.  But, it would be nice to have some additional support from the friend perspective when my husband is tired of my crazy pregnancy ways.

I'm thinking about going to bed, because I'm really tired.  I had a really bad headache today and so I took Tylenol.  I think I'll take some Tylenol again and go to bed.

I'll try to blog every day so I have a record of how this thing goes.  I am excited to be a mom.  I am excited to have something in my life that is mine and Arthur's.  I'm excited to always have someone who is there with me who I can love and who will need me as much as I need them.

Arthur and I talked about names today, and we both like "Finn" for a boy, and it reminds me of my Grandpa's middle name, which is Fennemore.  I would probably change his name to Finnemore.  For a girl, we like Cora/Coral or Oceana.  I really like the idea of a family name for a middle name.  Well, this is all for now.  I'll blog tomorrow if I'm feeling up to it.  :)  Today was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment