I've put off blogging for a few days because when I got back from vacation on Tuesday, I blogged that night. I spent a whole hour typing up an amazing blog, and I accidentally hit something on the keyboard that deleted the whole post! When I went back in, it autosaved with nothing on the page... so everything was lost. So, I'm trying this again. :)
On Friday, Arthur and I had our 20 week doctor appointment with an ultrasound. Because I wanted to record the ultrasound, Arthur invited his mom so she could handle the video camera while Arthur and I focused on the ultrasound.
I had to work until 2:30 that day, so I rushed to American Fork after work after my last meeting to make it there by 3. Arthur, his mom and I went in and sat and waited for our names to be called. I had some apple juice and some Mike & Ike's to help get Finn moving a bit for the ultrasound because I heard that makes it more exciting when you're checking him out. :) They called us back and we went into the room.
There was an exam bed with paper on it for me, a big ultrasound machine, and a big leather couch for Arthur and his mom to sit on. I got comfortable on the exam bed and looked at the big screen on the wall. It was nice that they had a TV mounted there, so it was pretty similar to Fetal Fotos. The ultrasound tech got started and we were able to see baby Finn on the screen!
She said that everything looks good, and that he's healthy. His heart is normal, and he is measuring slightly bigger than 20 weeks. Because he is measuring only 5 days older than 20 weeks, he didn't change my due date. It's still July 11! Arthur's mom was really happy because that's her birthday.
Here are some of the pictures from the ultrasound:
On Friday, Arthur and I had our 20 week doctor appointment with an ultrasound. Because I wanted to record the ultrasound, Arthur invited his mom so she could handle the video camera while Arthur and I focused on the ultrasound.
I had to work until 2:30 that day, so I rushed to American Fork after work after my last meeting to make it there by 3. Arthur, his mom and I went in and sat and waited for our names to be called. I had some apple juice and some Mike & Ike's to help get Finn moving a bit for the ultrasound because I heard that makes it more exciting when you're checking him out. :) They called us back and we went into the room.
There was an exam bed with paper on it for me, a big ultrasound machine, and a big leather couch for Arthur and his mom to sit on. I got comfortable on the exam bed and looked at the big screen on the wall. It was nice that they had a TV mounted there, so it was pretty similar to Fetal Fotos. The ultrasound tech got started and we were able to see baby Finn on the screen!
She said that everything looks good, and that he's healthy. His heart is normal, and he is measuring slightly bigger than 20 weeks. Because he is measuring only 5 days older than 20 weeks, he didn't change my due date. It's still July 11! Arthur's mom was really happy because that's her birthday.
Here are some of the pictures from the ultrasound:
This is his arm. You can see his little hand has 5 fingers!
Here's his profile! His nose is looking super cute. He definitely has Arthur's upper lip. ;)
Here's his junk proving he is a boy!
This is Finn's long leg. She measured his bones and said his legs look great!
I have another appointment in 3 more weeks to check in on how things are progressing. I'm very excited to see him again! :)
After the appointment, I was super relieved that everything is looking normal. I have announced my pregnancy in phases, to different people at different times. I haven't made an official "all friends" announcement on Facebook because I have over 500 people there who are from all different parts of my life. I wanted to wait to make sure that everything is looking good before I made a 100% public announcement.
I had been thinking of different ways to do it, and I found a fun picture online of a onesie that made me smile. I posted this and got a bunch of likes and comments, so it sounds like people are pretty excited for Finn to be here!
After the appointment, I was super relieved that everything is looking normal. I have announced my pregnancy in phases, to different people at different times. I haven't made an official "all friends" announcement on Facebook because I have over 500 people there who are from all different parts of my life. I wanted to wait to make sure that everything is looking good before I made a 100% public announcement.
I had been thinking of different ways to do it, and I found a fun picture online of a onesie that made me smile. I posted this and got a bunch of likes and comments, so it sounds like people are pretty excited for Finn to be here!





No comments:
Post a Comment